I knew the moment Katy Swartz moved in next door, there was going to be trouble. Lots of it.

And trouble’s the last thing I need, since I’m not exactly from around here. My people arrived on Earth from Lux, a planet thirteen billion light years away. Plus, if there’s one thing I know, it’s that humans can’t be trusted. We scare them. We can do things they only dream about, and honestly, we make them look weak as hell. ‘Cuz they are.

But Kat is getting to me in ways no one else has, and I can't stop myself from wanting her—or wanting to use my powers to protect her. She makes me weak, and I’m the strongest of our kind, tasked with protecting us all. So this one simple girl…she can mean the end for us. Because the Luxen have an even bigger enemy—the Arum, and I need to stay on my game.

Falling for Katy—a human—won't just place her in danger. It could get us all killed, and that’s one thing I’ll never let happen...








Huddle together, everyone! I've just had an extensive meeting with the aliens. I have information of vital importance!

Are you ready? Here it is: get the ebook. Now, I know some of you are morally opposed to technology and you churn your own butter, but trust me on this. I, too, cherish physical books above... well, Nutella. I've already addressed this matter in the past. But listen up. Oblivion in paperback is a 300-paged retelling of Obsidian, the first book in the Lux series. Oblivion in ebook form is a 1000+ paged retelling of the first three books in the Lux series, in full.

(Now if I could figure out how to get it to count as three books towards my Goodreads challenge instead of one, that'd be swell. I accept all ideas and suggestions, and compensate with Nutella brownies. I also accept praise for finishing a 1000-paged book, and only ask that we pretend it didn't take me five days to do it.)

'Tis a big one.

Now, the Lux series is a paranormal-ish sci-fi-ish romance-ish type series that spanned 5 books prior to this giant. The first three books were told exclusively from Katy's POV. Books 4 and 5 alternated between Katy's and Daemon's narratives. Now with Oblivion in tow, the Lux series has been told and retold from both protagonists' perspectives. (And still we never got to find out what was in that darned Onyx note!)

Was Oblivion necessary to the overall story? Not at all.
But was Oblivion just as fun as the original story? Absolutely.

Actually, they're highly interchangeable. Much like the first three books told in Katy's POV, Daemon's retelling prides itself on:
·         a truly bad cover
·         hilarious slang
·         kissing noises
·         alien mayhem
·         human mayhem
·         government-sanctioned mayhem
·         sandwiches
·         more sandwiches
·         ALL THE BOOK BLOGGING EVER!

Oblivion is as entertaining as the original series. Oblivion can be read in lieu of the original series. And Oblivion is also kind of... identical to the original series?

Now, look, the latter books in the Lux series have already had a voice distinction issue. There's never been a way to tell Daemon's and Katy's narratives apart. It's holy alien babies and sweet baby Jesus either way. Oblivion is no different-sounding. But Jennifer L. Armentrout's style is so fun and whimsical that... do we care? Not so much. Jennifer also continues to speak for book bloggers everywhere in Oblivion, with even more book hauls, even more book vlogs, even more trips to the post office for bookish mail, and even more unboxings.

As a book blogger, I'm highly biased on this matter, but... ALL THE LOVE!

Ultimately, it all boils down to this: Oblivion is Lux series in every sense of the word. At times the voices are the same, and the scenes it covers are mostly the same, but it's hilarious and it's entertaining and it's the only possible way to devour 1000 pages and fail to even notice.


“More books.” My eyes widened. “You have, like, ten books you just said you haven’t read.” “Doesn’t mean I won’t get more books.”

Katy Schwarz forever.






Talk to us, terrestrials! Tell us what you would do if you found out aliens lived among us. We're of the opinion that instead of riots, people would bum-rush them for selfies and autographs. (Not that Daemon Black would complain one bit.) Have you read the Lux series, or have you yet to read it? We want your thoughts and your comments and your human essence. Uhm, just the thoughts and the comments.